1.Using Website Content
The information made public (hereinafter, “Content”) by the Media Art Database (http://mediaarts-db.bunka.go.jp, hereinafter “this Website”), excluding Content to which different rules of use apply, may be freely used by anyone, following 1) to 6) below, for reduplication, public communication, translation/modification etc. It may also be used for commercial purposes.
Use of Content shall be deemed as agreeing to these rules of use.
1) Noting Source
- Please note the source when using Content. The method for noting sources is as follows.
(Example of source notation)
Source: Media Art Database (URL of relevant page)
- When editing/processing Content for use, in addition to the above source, please note that editing/processing was carried out. Furthermore, it is prohibited to publicly present/use edited/processed information in such a way that it seems as if it was created by the Government of Japan (or ministries, etc.).
(Example of notation when using Content which has been edited/processed)
Created by processing the Media Art Database (URL of relevant page)
Created by ○○ Co., Ltd., based on the Media Art Database (URL of relevant page), etc.
2) Please ensure that the rights of third parties are not infringed.
- There may be some Content for which copyright or other rights are held by third parties (i.e., other than the Government of Japan. The same hereinafter). For Content for which the copyright is held by third parties, and Content for which rights other than copyright (e.g., right of likeness or right of publicity in photographs, etc.) are held by third parties, excluding in particular Content which is clearly indicated to have already been right-processed, the user must, at its own responsibility, obtain the consent of the relevant third party.
- Regarding some Content over which rights are held by a third party, although the fact that the third party holds these rights is directly or indirectly displayed/suggested by the source being listed, etc., there is some Content for which specification/clarification of the portion upon which a third party holds rights has not been carried out in a clear manner. The responsibility rests on the user to confirm this when using Content.
(Example of display/suggestion of rights held by a third party)
Source: ○○, Website: From ○○, etc.
- Even if a copyright is held for a piece of Content by a third party, there may be situations where Content may be used without the consent of the copyright holder, such as quotations permitted under the Copyright Act.
3) Prohibited Uses
- The following uses relating to Content are prohibited.
- (A)Uses which go against laws, ordinances, and public order and morality.
- (B)Uses which endanger the safety of the state or its people.
4) Governing Law and Agreed Jurisdiction
- These rules of use shall be interpreted based on Japanese law.
- It is agreed that, for any dispute relating to or arising from the use of Content under these rules of use and these rules of use themselves, the district court which has jurisdiction over the location of the organization making public the Content or rules of use relating to the dispute concerned has exclusive jurisdiction for the first instance.
- The Government of Japan takes no responsibility for any actions taken by users using Content (including use of information through the editing/processing, etc, of the Content)
- Content may be changed, moved, or deleted, etc, without notice.
- These rules of use apply no restriction on use such as quotations permitted under the Copyright Act.